…. I prefer Porter Cable myself. I’ve got four of them. I use Whiteside bits and buy them cheap from routerbits.com

Tom, I still haven’t told you that you could leave your room, you damn troublemaker. \:\)

Ken,

In my media room I do have an Ethernet jack, but it’s on the wrong side of the room so I have a cable running from the jack, under a rug, and back around to the equipment rack. It works, but I just hate having cables exposed. I use this for firmware updates right now, but this new 3808 I am getting has some pretty cool network functions I’d like to try – including media streaming from any network connected PC, and it also has internet radio streaming. So what I was hoping to do, is have some sort of device that I could connect the 3808, my A35 HD player, my PS3 and possibly another device to in the future. These A/V components would then use the device to communicate to the wireless router that would be located in my office. I suppose what I’m looking for is a wireless switch or hub that talks to the router. If nothing like that exists, then I’ll settle for plugging each one of my A/V components into a single port communication device.

The second location that I want a wireless solution to, is my son’s X-box so he can use X-box live. When I hooked that up for him the other night I found out that the cable is bad going to the particular Ethernet jack in this room.

I had no idea that each one of these devices worked at different rates and that I need to make sure the router will work with each one. This is starting to sound entirely too frustrating and complicated to screw with.