Originally Posted By: BrotherBob
I didn't read your descriptive post regarding the movie Jack, I'll wait until after I watch this DVD. ;\)

I'm glad you didn't, Rick. Avoiding my comments was the right thing to do. I look forward to your thoughts when you've seen it.

I'll reiterate a part of my post that won't tip off anything about the movie or my impressions. The disc has a ton of special features. You might browse through them to see if any might interest you. Being the movie buff that I am, I loved many of them but YMMV.

I've got a brief story about the making of the movie that shouldn't spoil anything. Olivia DeHavilland, in an interview on TCM few years ago related a story that I loved. As you may, or may not know, having worked together on quite a few movies, she and Errol Flynn had some level of romantic connection. It has been rumored that he was very much in love with her, but she, though attracted to him and caring about him, couldn't face a life with the hard drinking, womanizing Flynn. Anyway, during one kissing scene, she was ticked at him for some reason, so she kept intentionally blowing the scene forcing a large number of passionate kisses. After any number of takes she was maliciously satisfied to notice that Flynn was (paraphrasing what she said, but close) "having a little problem with his tights," \:D

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton