For MOVIES, assuming you have a good sub, I don't believe there will be a lot of difference between M60's and M22's.

I say that, NOT owning M60's but owning M80's. My front stage used to be M22's and a VP150. Now it's M80's and a VP150 with the M22's acting as rears. For *movies*, there really isn't a whole lot of difference between M80's and M22's. Some, yes, but not a whole lot. The mains and rears just aren't used all that much in many movies. Certainly for effects and so forth, but the core experience of a movie is expressed by the center and sub channels, not the L/R nor rear channels.

Now if you don't have a good sub, and are counting on your mains to provide bass, then there will be a significant difference between M60's and M22's. But even in this case, I'd say stick with M22's and put your pennies into a good sub instead of the M60's. As I have learned from personal experience, there's just no substitute for a good sub. You're getting an EP500. That's not a good sub. That's a GREAT sub.

For MUSIC, however, there is a big difference between M80's and M22's. While I love my M22's for what they are, they are severely outgunned by the M80's in terms of musicality. I'm sure it's about the same for M60's.

So you will need to decide for yourself how important music is. If this system is truly just for movies, and that's all that will ever be asked from it, then I'd say M22's + a good sub is a fine choice. If you're ever going to just relax in the room and really listen to music, then I'd suggest M60's (or M80's, if you suffer from the 'what-ifs' as I do).

Oh, and yes, M22's have a rear port. If you're going to wall-mount them, make sure you get the proper equipment to do so. They are pretty heavy speakers to wall mount, IMHO. Look at the W22's if you're considering wall mounted speakers.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office