My M22's were crossed at 80hz when I used them as fronts. I had them for several years that way. I can't recall any situation where I thought 'gee, that guy's voice is coming from the sub, that sounds bad', even when I had a less-than-stellar sub. That includes plenty of movies with actors with very deep voices including James Earl Jones, Jean Reno (french guy, The Professional, Ronin, etc), Christopher Lee, and Michael Clarke Duncan (huge guy with probably the deepest voice I've ever heard, from The Green Mile, Armageddon, etc). A properly set up and calibrated system will blend seamlessly.

Again, for movies, I really don't think the crossover points for the L/R mains matter very much because the vast majority of the dialog will be mixed to the center channel. Unless, of course, you've got your system configured to do a phantom center channel.

It is absolutely true that M60's and M80's move more air than M22's. Absolutely true that M60's and M80's have a wider dynamic range, are more musical, and are more versatile than M22's. But for MOVIES only in in a smallish-room, I really don't think there's a whole lot of difference between M22's + EP500 and M60's + EP500. I just don't think there's enough dynamic musical material in a movie to make a difference, unless you only watch musicals or something. ;\)

Last edited by PeterChenoweth; 12/06/07 04:32 PM.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office