Originally Posted By: Worfzara

Is is because the LFE of DTS and DD don't send voice info to the sub?

What about HT in a box or Bose systems with tiny cube speakers, that don't have any bottem end at all. In this case, the LFE must support the lower voice frequencies, right? Would setting the spakers from Large to small have an effect on the LFE and sending speach info to the sub?

Anybody know?

LFE is just that, Low Frequency Effectsand DD and DTS do not include speech in the LFE channel, this is specifically mixed for sounds.

As to the Bose, I know my parents 3-2-1 system in fact does have voices coming out of the bass module, you have to remember that in these cube systems the sattelites do not do any of the lower freqencies so the processor throws everything below their crossover points to this bass module it, remember it is not a sub.

I just watched an episode of Mythbusters and they were trying to extinguish a flame with the human voice, amplified and non-amplified. They used a tone generator and when amplified were able to put out the flame. When they moved to the human voice they had a singing group come in and once again measured output frequency and the lowest voiced singer is the one that did the job at 50hz and doing something along a 'rasberry' at the same time to achieve maximum driver movement in the speaker. He was successful in putting out the flame when his voice was amplified. The singer was working fairly hard to get that low note. I think they measured him down into 30hz range.

Now this adds to the question, when in 2.1 channel do vocals end up going to the sub and we just can not distinguish from all the other noises getting sent to the sub.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70