Thanks again for the replies gents.

Murph, its not that I don't want to disclose my budget (which is about $0 right now) but that I really don't know what any $ catagory will get me in terms of sound. My gut says the M60 is a little out of my range, but thats without having listened to them or anything comparable.

At $460, the M22 seemed like a really good start if I could improve on the sound quality for music by adding a sub later. The M22 + EP350 is almost the cost of the M80. Are the two going to give me equivelant sound for music? Would the EP175 add enough base to the M22 to give a sound similar to M50/60? (I need to talk to the folks at Axiom)

Tom. Since you have listened to the Advents, could you peg them compared to something in the Axiom line? That would help me a lot.

I need to get out and just listen to some speakers in different catagories to give me an idea of what sound I want. Are there any speakers out there comparable in sound to the M3, M22 or M60, but would be found in a store? This would allow me to audition the "Axiom sound" compared to others. I came across something in my reading that suggested that the B&W 701 might have similar characteristics to the M60.

I will be in Toronto with some time on my hands on Sunday as my daughter sucked me in to driving her and a friend to an anime convention. Seems like a good time to do some listening.

I have looked at the Hearing Things section of this site and it looks like the closest M22s I can audition are about 2.5 hours away. The good news is that I checked where Bright is on google earth and I am only 3 hours and 38 minutes away(though I suspect that the folks at google think us Canadians all drive like maniacs!)

Time to go to bed.

Fred

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!