Hi Fred,

The Advents were my first home speaker purchase in the seventies. I still have them, and they serve as my computer speakers today, driven by a an older Yamaha receiver. I'm not sure how many models they had back then, but I've got the two-ways with the ten inch woofers and those unique orange tweeters. As Tom said, I believe they were called the "large Advents". I had to have the foam surrounds redone once... they still sound wonderful!

As you can see by my sig, I own the Epic 80/500. Assuming you're talking about the same model Advents, making the absolute ROUGHEST of comparisons , I'd say they would equate mostly to the M50's.

That being said, I would still recommend as Mark and Tom have, that you start with M60's, or the M22/sub route... with a slight preference (IMO) to the M60's, and adding a sub later. Sirquack has indeed compared M60's to B&W 701's when he was considering Axiom, and thought they were comparable. In fact I've heard they compare to the whole 700 line. Axioms are also comparable to the Paradigm Studio line.

Epic 80 / SVS PB13 Ultra
Denon 3805 / M2200 Outlaw Monos /
Sammy 55" LED