I normally try to stick to happy posts, but this weekend was an exceptionally sad one. I had to say goodbye to one of my two terriers. Curly was ~13 years old and had pretty much everything wrong with him you can imagine, but he never let anything slow him down until this week. Curly was by my side every moment through the worst times of my life, and developed a remarkable personality over the years. He was perhaps the smartest dog I ever met, and certainly the most responsible, watching over his (somewhat less smart) brother Milo in a way I have never seen before.

Whenever Milo needed to go out, it was Curly who ran and barked for attention. When Milo was out in the yard, Curly would sit by the window and watch him to make sure he didn't stray too far. If Milo got locked out (it happened; he would slip out quickly while I was closing the door) Curly would bark frantically -- then when I let Milo in, Curly would bite him gently as a reminder who really let him in.

I have said goodbye to many dogs over the years, but Curly was really special. Requiescat In Pace my old friend.

Curly is on the left. His eyes don't really look like that.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8