Originally Posted By: sirquack
If you do a search on "emotiva", there have been many threads. Some Axiom owners have been happy with their products, I was not so lucky. If it was me and you are using m80's, I would look around as much as you can. Granted, I owned the MPS-1 for 3 months. At the time it was their king of the hill amp, and suppose to be stable down to 1ohms. The amp kept shutting down during explosions during action movies, or when I would turn up some rock music from time to time. Heck, my Denon 2805 never shut down even at higher levels.

Does you room size and listening habits justify a seperate amp?

I have the MPS-1 and DMC-1 from Emo and so far so good. Actually the deciding factor for my purchase was SirQuack. At the time he was happy with this amp. This was obviously before his shutdown troubles, but I have seen no indication of shut down - no distortion, no clipping, just clean power and I frequently run at 110-125 dB. Can't do it too long 'cause the ears start to ring, but the equipment doesn't even get hot. In fact my pre-pro runs hotter than the amp! My room is roughly 19 X 25 X 8 and I'm looking to add another EP500 - can't have too much bass ;\)

Scott

Scott

My HT