Hey Sam, welcome. Axiom speakers are great value speakers with excellent customer service and forum ;\)

Here's a link Speaker Wizard that may help you with speaker choice.

As for receivers or seperates (in your original post) to match with Axiom, this has been discussed many times here. Most common response is that no amp will make a speaker brighter or change the sound characteristic unless using a sound format like Rock mode, Jazz mode, Concert mode, etc. When it comes to seperates though not a common consenseus. With some forum members recently purchasing the new Axiom digital super amp there has been more believing that there are differences between receivers and seps. Such as, tighter bass/mid, faster response and overall more realistic.

I would look for something that has the functions you want, in your price range and a decent power supply with min. 100 watt/channel. From what I've learned, I would much rather put my money towards great speakers. As long as they are being run within the capabilities of the receiver they will rock. You can always add on a 2 channel amp if needed down the road.

Good luck.

High Gloss Cherry
M60 VP150 QS8
Open for Auditions but please don't drool on the High Gloss