Hello,
and a BIG THX thus far to all for taking the time to reply, oh and Murph,yes, I meant the hearing ain't what it tused to be. I guess I'm a little apprehensive since first getting into audio. I can recall buying a new pair of Infinity column 1A's and a KA-8300 amp.,anyway for the time and for my money/ears that little system just killed. Later on I got a HK Citation amp & pre which quickyl smoked the infinity's (literally)-OOPS! A salesman persuded (yes I was easily persuded back then) to by a pair of B&W 3000's. The end result the system did not sound as good as the 'ol Kenwood/Infinity combo. I borrowed an NAD amp from the store and patced it in to the H&K pre and the diff was like night and day. I've been out of audio for some time now...sometimes life does strange things. Nowadays there are more Elecronic and speaker companies than people in some of the towns I've lived in. Heck I'd go for the Axiom trial but I have not bought the electronics yet and without hearing either...I think a road trip is about due. Hell, I'm being log winded and I'm still not sure any of this makes sense.:^)