Well, the full speaker install is done (Phase I at least - more on that later) and I have to say, I am really really happy with how it has turned out. The M80's are an amazingly versatile speaker and the VP150 has vocals that just seem to jump out of the walls at me.

I have really enjoyed using the 7-channel stereo mode on my Denon 3808 as well to hear iPod stereo music turned into a fully room-enveloping experience.

The installation process was interesting as the speakers arrived in 2 groups thanks to customs holding up half the shipment but allowing the first half to slip through...

My first "setup" was the VP150 "floor mounted" on the VP150 box between the M80s. It still sounded fantastic, but for many reasons, I wanted to get it off the floor. I'd purchased the FMB from Axiom and planned on putting it in the ceiling, and got that much today.

Here's how it started:

And here's how it looks after today (the screen is scheduled to arrive next week).

As you can see in the pictures, the reflectivity of the HG Cherry is amazing.

You can also see the full gallery of pictures I've taken thus far here... the room continues to be a work in progress, but has come a LONG ways since we started last week. The window treatments also went up today, which finally means the ambient light problem is taken care of.
Home Theater Setup Pics

Epic 80-800: HG Cherry