You'll note that in my post above, I mentioned that "this phase" of installation is nearly complete... as it so happens, ugraditis hit me hard, and much earlier than expected when doing the initial setup, calibration, and subsequent listens.

Those of you sharp readers will have looked at the "after photo" of the front wall and seen a big gaping hole under the center channel that is just begging to be filled. The question is... with what? The answer... an EP600 in High Gloss Cherry purchased on the last day of the free upgrade promotion.

I have a ~5 year old Earthquake 12" sub that performs well, but not quite up to what I was expecting when paired with the rest of the Axiom speakers. I did the "crawl" and found the best place for the sub, which in my case was in the front right corner, right next to the M80. From here, it sounded good to me, the unexpected problem was that the wife said NO WAY to having that "ugly black box" sitting next to those Axioms. (Yes, she knows them by name) \:\)

I told her there was only one solution I could think of... getting a new matching Axiom sub to round out the collection. Miraculously, and I do mean miraculously, she agreed with very little argument. Plus, with the promotion ending yesterday, I struck while the iron was hot! ;\)

(As an aside, she made it quite clear to me that if we were getting this speaker, there was a laundry list of things for the house that she would be getting as well -> and she made true on the promise no less than 24 hours later... even so, a deal I'd take again in a heartbeat!)

The 600 will undoubtedly be capable of total overkill for my room, but to me, there really is no such thing. I can't believe I'm back in the dreadful waiting game so soon after getting the rest of the system... but here I am! The best thing is that between now and then, I now have PLENTY to occupy me in the meantime.

Epic 80-800: HG Cherry