Originally Posted By: Mojo
Looks very nice. Where do you hear the centre image?

The center image actually sounds pretty good. I was worried it was going to seem misplaced being a tad high. I experimented a bit with the angle of the mount (aiming it further up and down).

I settled on the angle in the picture and then ran the Denon's Audyssey setup again and it really seemed to balance out nicely. Keep in mind I traded up from a 5.1 Bose system though, so my ears may still be in sonic shock from the pure quality of the Axioms versus what I had before. ;\)

Originally Posted By: ptRyno
Very, very nice indeed.

So how much noise does the Epson put out and what kind of dvd player are you using?

I think the bad reviews on the Epson noise are really overhyped. If I sit alone in the dark with just the projector on (no music, no movie) I hear it. If I'm watching a movie or listening to music, I've never heard it.

This is all running in its "HD" mode, which is a lower-light setting ideal for dark rooms, which fortunately I have. If you're going to run it in "Cinema Day" or "Vivid" (think spotlight power) it is louder. I only ran it in this mode before I had curtains on the windows. I would probably turn it on to this mode as well for a sports watching party, but in that scenario, there'd be a bunch of people in the room talking/screaming/etc., so I can't imagine it possibly would be bothersome in that setting either.

To the final question, DVD Player = PS3.

Last edited by myrison; 03/20/08 02:33 AM.

Epic 80-800: HG Cherry