Are you using any amplification with the HD650's? They're such high impedience cans that they really need it. You will not believe what they sound like when properly amped. \:\)

David, the guy on eBay who imports/sells them, seems to be a truly good guy. I was a little bit hesitant about buying the LD, considering it ships from China. You never quite know how that's going to work. But David's feedback and his presence over on HeadFi convinced me to give it a shot. I was blown away at how fast it shipped. Auction won & paid on January 24th, and the amp was sitting on my front porch on January 30th. Great communication with David the whole time. Zero problems, just as it should be.

My attitude towards headphones and how they can sound completely changed with this setup. It's hard to describe the changes without using the standard clichés. It's brought a tremendous amount of sensuality and depth to my music. Performances feel more organic, more alive, more.... real than ever before. Of course, I still love my Axioms and greatly enjoy listening to music on them at home, and there's a certain depth and spaciousness that headphones can't really reproduce. But there's an intimacy and warmth with this headphone setup that my home system just doesn't have. IMHO, it's incredible.

Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy
That's good news, Peter. I've been eyeballing those Little Dot amps on eBay ever since Adam posted about it a while back. I've got the HD650s, too.

I just don't do that much headphone listening and haven't been able to justify the expense. Things may change.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office