As for all of this I would need to power by sub amp, the rear speaker amp, and the electronic crossover? I've got a big enough power cable for my one amp and it has a "splitter" to work with 2 amps, so I guess that wouldn't be too bad. Of course, it would be another $140 $80 to do it vs. potentially $15 for the passive. Increased control and better sound quality, sure, but heck this isn't a top end car audio system. Hmmmm.... I wonder how much real world difference I would see going that route with the mid-grade (if that even) gear I've got.

Some of the main reasons that I don't just upgrade the head unit like I did in my last car, which had full control over crossover to the front speakers and another setting for the rear speakers, and yet another setting for the sub, is because the car has a 1.5 DIN opening, meaning a piece of plastic molding that takes away from the clean look, plus I would need a head unit that was illuminated red to match the Pontiac red, then add the special PAC brand interface to get the factory steering wheel controls to work still ($65), plus the fact that I would lose all head unit information displayed on the heads up display, it just doesn't seem very attractive. I even found the following 1.5 DIN faceplate to try to clean it up (which I was thinking illuminated red would look nice for $95 )

$160 + HU Cost - Head Up Display = \:\(
$60 Amp + $20 Line Output Converter = $80 controllable option
$15 Bass Blockers = $15 mediocre option

So the speaker connections on the Blaupunkt THA275 are for output only, right? It gets the audio input via RCA and then also passes output back out the RCA connections (for the sub amp) as well as the speaker outputs? Right?

Last edited by nickbuol; 04/24/08 09:00 PM.

Farewell - June 4, 2020