Originally Posted By: nickbuol
I'd be afraid that my mediocre aftermarket gear wouldn't be up to par with that level of system though.

Well duh! I think it's pretty necessary that you upgrade everything. ;\)

'Back in the day', I was a big fan of Polk and Eclipse gear. Polk first, Eclipse later. I had a pair of Eclipse 6x9's once that were freaking incredible. They put out a fantastic amount of bass just on their own. About on par with a decent 8" sub. Unless you really wanted to thump, a seperate sub wasn't needed. Of course, I DID want to thump, so I had a pair of 12's for that purpose. Yeah, I had one of those cars. I don't know if they're stuff is still good, but if you ever want to step up a level, try to find an Eclipse dealer.

Sounds good with the fuse. I asked because back in high school I darn-near caught my car on fire because I didn't fuse things correctly. I once STUPIDLY installed the fuse back by the amp instead of by the battery. One of the dumbest things I ever did as a teenager. Ignorance & invincibility of youth. One day driving home from school I heard this 'pfffssts' noise and the car started filling with smoke. Pulled over, popped the hood, found the power lead melting and the wire glowing red. Yanked/ripped the wire off the battery terminal with my bare hands (ouch) seemingly just before it brust into flames. Later inspection found that the power line had been rubbing against a crease in the chassis by the driver's seat, and you can probably guess what happened. Always, always, always, always, always use a fuse properly. And always mount it as close as possible to the battery. And never substitute a higher-amp fuse unless you know what you're doing.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office