Your first choice is the mobo I wanted when I did my build at Christmas.

I am quite happy with my M69G, but it won't handle Bluray when drives finally become reasonable in price.

The only thing I wonder about with this series is if they will allow hdmi audio passthrough so the reciever can do HD decoding. I didn't look at the details on the MA78 to see if it decodes the new HD audio specs.

I can see getting this board as a way to future proof, but if you have no plans for an HD display in the next year or so, I would save the $ and pick up the M69. At the rate things are evolving, you will be able to upgrade to a better board in a year or two anyway.

Your power supply is overkill. I did the calculations on the M69 and it showed that I wouldn't need more than 240W unless you add a power hungry video card. I ended up with a 400w rebadged seasonic and I thought that was overkill. It was cheaper than the 380w Seasonic. Its a great power supply and is VERY quiet compared to anything I have ever owned. I liked the way they wrapped the cabling as well.

Unless you plan on gaming, you don't need the faster memory either. I don't know much about Adata memory. I ended up with 2 gig of Kinston at close to what you paid for the Adata because that was what was avilable locally.

Nice case. My stuff is in an old ATX case because I can't dedice what I want yet.

Last edited by fredk; 05/20/08 03:17 AM.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!