nucl3arboNg,

I have a room that is almost the same dimensions as yours. Whichever system you go with try to make sure if at all possible to put your front speakers on the shorter wall. If you don't do this then you will probably not be able to get any space behind you for the qs8's (or whichever surrounds you end up with) to be very convincing. You will probably end up having the couch up against the back wall and the qs8's in the corner of the side wall or on the back wall itself. Turning the system so that the fronts fire into the long dimension (ie they are on the shorter wall) will be much better. Now you can put your couch more in the middle of the room and you can have 4 to 6 feet behind you for the surrounds to have so room to breathe.

Anyways I would suggest you go with the qs8's and vp150. If you have the money for m60's or even m80's then you should probably go with them. But, my room is about the same dimensions as yours and I just have the m22's for fronts and am very happy with them. Keep in mind that if you go with the m80's then you will have to make sure that the amp will be able to drive them during all the big dynamic peaks. From around these boards I hear that Yamaha's have a can hard time driving the m80's as well as the Onkyo's. One poster had a onkyo 805 and it kept shutting down on him with the m80's. The onkyo 875 is essentially the same as the 805 except the 875 has the very good video processor as well. If you go with the m80's I would suggest either the denon 3808 or the the onkyo 875 with some monoblocks (like outlaw m2200 for example). I have the Onkyo 805 and it drives the m22's just fine in my room. If you go with the m22's or m60's the Onkyo 875 should be just fine in your room.

As JohnK suggested the video processing for the onkyo 875 is very good. It is much better than the one even in Yamaha's flagship model and much better than the Denon 3808. I would check out this months home theater magazine as they do a shootout of the video processors for many popular avr's. The shootout was between: denon 3808, denon 5308, onkyo 875, sony 4300, yamaha 3800 and yamaha rx-z11. The Denon 5308 was the best as you would expect at its price. Second place was onkyo 875 or sony. The rest didn't do all that well, including the flagship yamaha.

- Nick