hey....thanks for all the great reply's I really appreciate it. now i'll try and answer the questions for me as brief as possible as I don't want to keep rambling on. first off about my budget. I think for the speakers alone i'm looking at about $3000-$4000. the paradigm set i've been pricing out (mon 11's, adp390, cc390, pb13 ultra) came to $4312 will all taxes and what not included. with that combo i've been thinking about also dropping down to the mon9's. the axiom sets are a lil less m80 set w/pb13 $4161, and m60 set w/pb13 $3809. now if I dropped down to the ep500 with those it would drop considerably.
For music I mostly listen to rap, hard rock (korn, tool, nin, rage..etc), dance, well a lil of everything. I like to listen loud and appreciate good bass responce. I really would like floor standers as opposed to bookshelf style mainly due to them being fuller sounding, and the more aggresive look to them.
Due to where I live I can't sample listen to the paradigm's (would have to order from a neighboring city), and the cost of sampling the axioms then have to send them back would be very costly. I'm really just looking for the best scenario for my application....something that i'm going to be happy with for at least 5 or so years. Right now i'm using a Panasonic HTIB so i'm pretty sure it's going to be a night/day difference.