I have an epic 60.500 setup and the sub just _feels_ wrong. I can hear the sub kicking in long before I get any bass from the M60's. I've played around with the volume on the sub but it seems that if I turn the sub down then there isn't enough bass but if I turn it up its just obnoxious. The bass just sounds fake, loose and "vibratey." Like some punk kid with a bass kicker in his trunk removed all the weather stripping so it would rattle more. Here is my setup beyond the epic 60.500:

Receiver: Sony STR-DA5300ES
Primary Audio Source: Sony PlayStation 3 (games and blu-ray)

Receiver has speakers all set to small (this setting allows you to choose the cross over) and a cross over matching the sub (see below)

Sub and the receiver are currently set to a cross-over of 60 or 80 (I'll update my post with the exact setting when I get home. I'm nearly positive its 80).

Sub phase is 0 (I tried both and couldn't feel a difference) and trim is Flat. I've tried volume settings anywhere from 9 o'clock to 6 o'clock.

I'd sure like some advice.

Axiom Epic 60.500 (7.1), Sony STR-5300ES, Samsung HL-S6188W, Dish ViP 622, Sony PlayStation 3, HTPC