well i set it to bypass last night and its still sounds bad. its better and more smooth but now it just sounds like the sub is trying to play all the audio. unfortunately my ears are incredibly sensitive to pressure changes so i need the bass to be really tight and to only enhance the lows. right now it just sounds like poo.

I guess I just need to try to recalibrate it and see what happens. This receiver's auto calibration actually lets you pick and choose which calibrations you want to perform. I'll see what it comes up with and if I like it better. If that doesn't help I'll try manually with the SPL.

I've got another concerns. this theater room is in the basement and the carpet spikes are going all the way through the carpet and pad to the concrete floor. is this going to have an undesired affect on the sound quality? should the spikes elevate the speakers (sub and fronts) so that there is a gap between the carpet and the bottom of the speaker?

Last edited by Hohlraum; 06/20/08 05:02 PM.

Axiom Epic 60.500 (7.1), Sony STR-5300ES, Samsung HL-S6188W, Dish ViP 622, Sony PlayStation 3, HTPC