doh! i thought i was supposed to set the crossover on the sub to the same as the cross over setting on the receiver. *goes to look at the manual online*

read the manual closely *slap self*. Its right there under the crossover section that it needs to be set ABOVE the cross over level set on the receiver ><

now i can't wait to get home and actually set it up the way it was supposed to be done in the first place. my eyes we're immediately drawn to the "M60" at the end of the cross over section of the manual. Not realizing that was referring to a high level input configuration.

I do have an SPL. I bought one years ago and never even took it out of the box. i'll give it a try. i think i'm going to re-run the 5300's calibration once i get the sub set correctly.

Do any of you guys have the M60's, VP150, QS8's and a EP500? What cross over did you set in your receiver? or did you just leave them all set to large?

Last edited by Hohlraum; 06/19/08 06:08 PM.

Axiom Epic 60.500 (7.1), Sony STR-5300ES, Samsung HL-S6188W, Dish ViP 622, Sony PlayStation 3, HTPC