Sorry about the confusion, I certainly meant to get a sub of some sort. It's just the configuration mentioned on the other forum included all components that are part of the Epic Master setup, minus the sub & then including one of the new models (presuming they turn out to be nice) of the HSU Research sub family.

Basically buy the other pieces individually, skip the sub, and buy one of the HSU sub's.

I also certainly intend to do configuration with the setup when the time comes. I wouldn't just hook it up and be done with it. I bought a Sony WEGA and have never given it the attention it deserves. I know it could give an even better picture if I bought some configuration dvd's as opposed to the tweaking I've done on my own. I won't be so lazy this time! I just want to keep things relatively simple in level of technology because I know otherwise I will end up with WAY MORE than I'll ever need. And I'll end up get out of a sensible dollar/enjoyment ratio.

Does my list of equipment seem sufficient? Are there other things I'll need? I guess possible a CD player although I presume I can get a good DVD/CD combo that provides good quality to both.

What about the advantages of 5.1, 6.1, 7.1? Is there anything I should look for? Obviously the setup I'm looking at would be 5.1 right? That package has a center, two fronts, two surrounds, and a sub. What would be the configuration of a 6.1? Is that a rear center? What about 7.1? Is that two rears?

Perhaps I should just spend time looking online and not bothering you guys.

Thanks for the help so far!

-Nick

My M60's make me listen
My M80's make my ears hear
Either way - I'm not deaf anymore