Sleep?? What the heck's that?

Noise does affect the set up....big time. So do pillows, blankets and your body. When you run the program, make sure the house is quiet and neighbor isn't mowing the lawn. Move all the throw pillows and other crap that tends to clutter the movie room out of the room and keep still during the set up (be quiet). Mount the mic at EAR level. If you tend to slouch, adjust for that. If your head is below the headrest, put the mic at that level. If it’s above, move the mic above. As anally ridiculous as all that sounds, I can attest without any doubt (based on my own experiments and failures) that all of it effects the set up.

Not too sure what this 9 O’clock sub setting means. I put my 600 at 50%. Keep in mind that my room is quite small for a 600 (12X18). Even with the sub that high, there is enough trim in the 3808 to compensate with the sub at 50%. I believe the 3808 will go to a -30 db with the LFE channel.

Run the set up in at least five positions. Just pick five areas where someone is likely to sit. No need to get scientific about it.

After set up is done and you save it, get your meter out and verify channel levels and adjust as needed. My personal preference is to set the center 2 DB over the mains, all the surrounds the same as the mains, and the sub 5 DB over the mains. You may also want to change X-over points, but I’d stick with what Audyssey set up first, then tweak later if you don’t like it. Don’t worry about distances either. Unless they are totally off the map, just leave them.