Originally Posted By: EFalardeau
Question: Did you guys swap the physical speakers with each other at some point to take speaker placement out of the equation?
Yes, made no difference but I am going to try them not toed in as much to see if that helps tame the sibilance, which, according to Sean, should help.

Quote:
Request: Are you in a position to try the new xover mixed with VP100/VP150 and QS-8 to see if there is a good tone match? Also, since soundstage was mentioned, there could be a different in phases (for better or for worse) and object movement transistion accross the channels could be affected.

I did try them with the VP150 and QS8s, I ran them as mains while watching a few different movies and I didn't notice any panning issues and the tone was still pretty good. The only times I noticed a difference was when only music was playing and I felt that there was nothing coming from the center, the music just filled the room. Once some dialogue or other center channel sound started up, the center/screen became the prominent point of sound again. The Eagles Farewell Tour DVD in DTS 5.1 still sounded great, maybe even a little better as the mains disappeared and the music just took over.

I have been trying to think of a comparison and came up with how I felt Audyssey changed the way my M80s sound. Those of you that have found an improvement with the latest Audyssey EQ, may find that the Ninja Master XO makes the M22 sound like the M80s do when Audyssey is dialed in, more open and airy. I have not tried the Ninja Masters with Audyssey to see what that does to them.

I may have to purchase them just to be able to keep them long enough to try all the new ideas coming in. I am wondering how the stock Ninja XO compares to the sound I heard from the Ninja Master.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70