In reply to:

This is your experience, not others. Only excessive bending and plugging/unplugging may cause the problem you describe such as in the DJ business. Most home users will not experience such an issue.

But why even risk it - or use a cable that will only have a limited number of times you can put it in and out.

In reply to:

Surface area between a spade or banana will not effect the quality of the signal. Let's remember how short a distance we are referring to here and the massive number of electrons contained within even a pin's head of metal contact.

Then please run a few hundred watts of power through wire that thin (the size of a pin's head). Please remember ohms law. Yes, banana's can have a huge surface area, but my comparison was between bare wire and spades (since I had already ruled out banana's because they are prone to falling out). I should have made that more clear.

In reply to:

This is ridiculous and is exactly the kind of misinformation hype that people have about the concept of digital optical cable.

Then why in digital data transfer with optical lines is bending the cable a 'no-no' - please elaborate how that is wrong - I'm only a Neuroscience (Systems Concentration) guy, but I'd be glad to ask some materials science professors as to why it's correct. I'm aware that with more than one wavelength of light it's necessary to keep it straight, but I'm pretty sure that with only one, it's still better to keep it as straight as possible.

In reply to:

Most people do not chew their cables. I have yet to hear of anyone's pets doing the same.

Eh, I guess. But mine has gotten tugged a few times and it doesn't work right anymore - it gets really noisy once in a while. It could, however, be the add-on card I got for my sound card; I don't know.

In reply to:

192khz vs 96khz. Garbage in garbage out. Upsampling doesn't do anything useful

No. I am talking about formats that start out in 192 kHz. There is no reason to use them at 96 when they are meant for 192. I am not up to date on how DVD-A and SACD data is transfered, but I'd like to be able to experience them at 2ch/192 kHz if it allowed. And I was saying that there had to be a reason for that. Be it that it is harder to make an optical sensor with that quality, or whatnot, but there has to be something not allowing for that.