In reply to:

We seem to be able to discuss pretty much anything else on these boards (excempt amps) without having such heated negativity thrown around

Amps and (lest we forget a certian recent thread) censorious paranoria.

In reply to:

so why get into a pissing match? We'll just post what WE feel

With all due respect, I think Chess was posting what he feels (although I do feel that the wording could have been a tad more diplomatic) and quite frankly, he beat me to it.

I'm sorry but I have a problem with asking people not to express themselves (in perhaps the only way they know how). Allowing people to express themselves in an unfetttered way can also give the reader great insight into that persons way of thinking ("know thine enemy" sort of thing-if applicable). And I think this is important if we are to consider ourselves an Axiom community. In other words, I want the whole enchilada

BTW,

In reply to:

I simply don't understand why peoples opinions on cables always reaches such ugly levels.

I think it may have something to do with fraudulent claims by cable companies.

I don't have a problem with a cable company charging $2000.00 for a 3' piece of wire (a fool and his money are easily parted) as long as that company is not making some outragous scientific claim that can only be substantiated by ear alone.

I know this has been a bit of a rant and I apologize for that.

P.S: I too have had crappy banana plugs that wouldn't stay put. But the upside is that if the cable is inadvertently jerked out, it is less likely to damage the binding post. But there are well made bananas and there are poorly made bananas. Daaaay-O! Daaa-aa-yO!

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.