Originally Posted By: mdrew
Wow…. Thanks fellas. I was expecting all this. I’m feeling overwhelmed.

So how much money are we talking here when you say I could make a killing at this? I have absolutely no idea what this type of work would cost in the real world. Where I’m at, money is in the oil business. I do all of my own work, and quite a bit for friends using the barter system (the work I do is in direct relation to what they do for me). I’d much rather be working with my hands than managing work and personnel for a living.

Considering we had a company (Genuwine Cellars) who just happened to be locally based in Winnipeg, come to setup our cellar, i can relate some idea of costs.
Our ~720 bottle cellar racking took them a solid 10h day to setup and cost in the range of $2700.
Add the cooling unit, which is almost identical to mdrew's (another $800) plus a custom made, solid walnut door (~$2k) that i finished myself (company wanted $500 to stain and urethane the door and i said, "uh, no thanks, i can manage").

The door before they built our racking, they came back from an install in northern New York. Racking for 10,000 bottles and the guy wanted them back to do more.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."