Here is a slight update on the Emotiva XPA-3 paired with the M80 v2's. It is now 10 days after receipt, and I have been blasting the hell out of this combination for hours upon hours every night in movie and music applications.

I have never been so impressed with a speaker in my life! And this AMP provides endless amounts of low/mid end oomph. There is never a lack of power at any volume, never any distortion through the drivers at extreme volume levels usings these M80's which is another thing that I have NEVER experienced with a speaker. Usually once you get to a certain DB level at least one driver starts to distort. With these M80's I have honestly NOT BEEN ABLE to create distortion even if I tried.

And this is using the theoretical 400w X 2 Emotiva XPA3 4ohm configuration. The amp has never shut down, and the most suprising thing is that it barely gets hot. I mean, dont get me wrong after using the amp for 4 or 5 hours it definitely gets warm to the touch, but I would not consider it hot at all. I will confirm again, 10 days into usage and the amp has NOT shut down.

Hope this helps anyone considering the XPA3 as an amp choice for an M80 pair. I will keep you guys posted throughout the next few weeks as well.

Kind regards,

Dominick