Originally Posted By: jakewash
I would suggest going the M60 route and see if you really find anything lacking, I only noticed the difference due to a direct comparison to my M22s which prompted me to run them with the M60s I had ordered and found that sound more to my liking, thus the gtg with mojo and the review you read.

I soon learned to enjoy the M60s very much while waiting for my M80s to arrive. I suspect you would not even know you are missing anything at all with the M60s, unless very familiar with the Axiom sound and really enjoy the upfront sound. I have also since learned my M22s are more forward/open than the present M22s so the results of M22v2 and M60v2 might be less like the M80s than my attempt at the M82.

I'm an online research freak with a mantra of "buy the best... within budget". That's how I ended up on the Axiom forums. The fact that I've read that the M80s have a fuller sound than the M60s has my internal yin and yang embroiled in an M60 vs M80 battle.

So you have the M60 v1? Do you know what Axiom has changed in v2? Maybe they tweaked the mids and highs to be slightly more prominent?

But you're right... I probably wouldn't know what I'm missing (if anything) with the M60s. The problem is all I've got to go on right now are forum user opinions and reviews. I haven't heard what the M60s (or M80s) are capable of. Are there any M60/M80 users in the Toronto, Canada area that can give me an audition? I'll bring the beer...

On the eighth day God created technology.