Originally Posted By: ChrisJ

John, can you please "dumb down" the HomeTheaterMag review results for me? Is "two channels driving 8-ohm loads, reaches 0.1 percent distortion at 115.3 watts and 1 percent distortion at 141.4 watts. Into 4 ohms, the amplifier reaches 0.1 percent distortion at 162.9 watts and 1 percent distortion at 222.1 watts" a good thing?
Yes it is a very good thing, as it proves the receiver is capable of running a 4 ohm load with a substantial power output of 162Watts.

Quote:
One thing I didn't take into account is mixing 4 ohm(M80) and 8 ohm(QS8, VP150) speakers together in a surround sound setup. Is that even possible with my receiver?
Yes it is possible, many people here run varying impedance speakers in their systems. You will just be getting more power to the M80s or any other speaker that is less than 8 ohms. You are then required to run these lower impedance speakers at a different/lower level to equalize the output.

Quote:
My inner voice is telling me to lean towards M60s at this point. At the same time it's wondering why M60 owners more often than not tend to eventually upgrade to M80s...
The upgradeitis bug is hard to get rid of, but the number of people on the forum that have upgraded, I suspect is much less than those have bought the M60s and not upgraded, remember there is a very small percentage of Axiom owners that frequent this forum.

Quote:
Oh well... I think I'll take Jay's advice and plan a road trip to Axiom and let my ears decide. As soon as we get some good weather here in Toronto, that is... Maybe June???
Don't wait make the appoitment for tomorrow and get on this \:\)

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70