In reply to:

We're working away busily on this one! Just a poll - what sort of denominations would you like to see? (Okay, we'd all like to see $1,000 denoms, but . . .)

What do you think is reasonable? $25, $50, $100 and so on? Call to place a specific amount (which would work out best if you were doing an office retirement gift, for example).

Also, I was thinking you should have the option of either sending the gift certificate via e-mail or snail mail - or is snail mail too 90s?

I have long wanted to have a wedding registry, too - wouldn't that be fun? Instead of getting dishes you'll never use, you get an entertainment system! Okay - maybe I'm getting ahead of myself.

Any thoughts?

I think denoms of $25/$50/$100 would work fine.

I think a snail mail "receipt" would be cool. Though the gift certificate itself would be electronic. It's nice to have a fancy little official looking piece of paper to hand someone (since it is a gift). But it shouldn't be needed to cash in your award. If it's lost, the owner shouldn't be s.o.l. Much like how an e-ticket is used on an airline.

Wedding Registry - now that's an idea! I'm sure guys everywhere would like that idea. Wives may be a harder sell. Not everyone is as cool as you, Amie.