Originally Posted By: jakewash
Panabrite, it sounds to me like you are prefering the warmer/ more mellow sound of your old fronts better than the M22s, correct? I guess you do not find the mismatched timber to be bothersome with your old mains and the VP100 compared to the M22s and the VP100.

I would do as you are suggesting and run QS8's in the areas you are suggesting and run the system in 7.1 for even more envelopment, to get a reasonable idea of what it would be like, try using the M22s or your old mains positioned as highup on ladders as possible in those, or as close to, those spots as possible to see if you find a 7.1 configuration worth the money. I think you could also just install a set of QS8 in place of your present surrounds for much better surround experience.

Your posts sums it up.Don't get me wrong guys I like both sounds experiences..This is why I am thinking about using the QS8's in the mix and be able to run my old faithfuls also.I am going to experiment tonight with different positions in the room .
I am running an Audioshere sub and it really works great.
What is "mismatch timber"?I am on a learning curve here..