chapin99,
Sad to see you go through this,Emotiva will help you out and I don't think it matters to Lonnie that you are an Axiom customer because you are not having shut down issues.That being said I agree with you in your pursuit to improve your system.I'm on the side where 'I feel and so do my audio buddies' that my amp (Emotiva LPA1) has improved my system.We played the Dave Matthews/Tim Reynolds bluray in Dolby TrueHD through my buddies Marantz 6003 with and without the amp hooked up.We used an SPL meter, a blind fold, and also played the Marantz at higher volumes to dispell the louder is better theory.The presence and clarity that comes out with the amp is noticeable.The guitar strums and plucks really come out at you and when you switch to the receiver it still sounds nice but seems to recede back into the speakers,this is the best way I can describe it.I had similar results with my Denon 3300 which is why I kept the amp but it was nice to try it with a new receiver also.There are already many posts and opinions on this just thought I'd share mine and that there is nothing wrong with trying to achieve more Oomph!

INTEGRA DHC9.9,EMOTIVA LPA1,AXIOM M60s,VP150,PARADIGM ADP350s and MINIs,SERVO15,PANASONIC BD30.