Originally Posted By: onn
Damn Jay I'm really sorry to hear that! Any word how long it'll take for the repairs to the Denon? I wish I had a half decent receiver I could lend you.
Mel N.

Come on, tell the truth, how many versions of this post did you try before hitting send. If I had received such a call, it would look more like:

Quote:
Hello. Good to hear from you, how goes the testing? YOU DID WHAT? Where was my $$$$$$$$$$$$ Amp when this happened? Did any smell get on it? Was it plugged into the same feed from the elec co? Dear Gawd Man, who is running your test, that drunk (I'm mean drinking) squirrel? Wait, now my A-1400 is your I-dock? Aw hell no!

Your restraint is inspired. (Now run, don't walk, to your car and get your gem of an amp back from that mad man!)

And Jay, don't feel too bad. I have fried a few amps in my day. Nothing as nice as a 3808, but still. I'm curious how you did this. I can see crossing speaker wires, etc, but that would blow a fuse at most, not cook something. How did you get a high current line in contact with the tender parts? I cooked mobile amps where you have to mess with raw positive and negative wires with terminal blocks just microns apart. (As you can see, it was a design flaw, not an install error. ;\) )

P.S. - It is ironic, that I think the picture on my screen under the Wall'O'Fame is Onn and Jake smiling before the smell of cooked DACs filled the air. Wish we had a pic of Jay when he heard the last POP! That would stay on the Wall'O'Shame for some time.

Jay, if you want to pay shipping I can send you an OLD, Onkyo 700 series. No Dolby, just Pro Logic. Seems like a fitting punishment!

Panny 3000 PJ, 118" Carada, Denon 3300, PS3, Axiom QS8, PSB 5T, B&W sub, levitating speaker wire