From Randy’s thread:

http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=254115#Post254115

Originally Posted By: CV

Are you seriously thinking you'll get one?

Some sort of amplification has been on my list of things to do/get since I started but has been hard to justify living in an apartment. I mean come on what’s the point of having 3xM80s if the most power you ever give them is 120w, kind of like driving a Ferrari and never taking it above second gear. I listen to lots of classical music and know I will need more power to handle the dynamic peaks when I turn up the volume to live performance levels.

The A1400-8 intrigued me from the start because of it’s ability to deliver all it’s power no matter how many channels are driven. This way I could experiment using 2, 3, 5 and 7 channels driven with nothing wasted in any configuration.

What’s really got me going now is this comment:

Originally Posted By: jakewash

First up was Pink Floyd - Time, I love this track for it's open and airy sound and great bass line. After a quick listen with just the Denon measuring around 83db, I switched the speakers over to the cables from the A1400 and turned it on. The sound stage opened up as well as lifted up well above the M80s, the bass was also tighter, yet more pronounced. I was shocked.

I love the “open and airy” sound Jay is describing which is one reason I held out for a house with an HT room with a vaulted ceiling. If the A1400-8 enhances this quality it’s a huge plus.

Jay also says “The bass was indeed tighter and hitting lower.” Since I prefer to use my M80s full range getting better base response from them is another plus. Especially since running multiple subwoofers is way far down on my to do/get list.

So after that rather long winded explanation yes I am interested in getting an A1400-8 but still want to do more research before jumping in. I read that Audioholics has a review coming up so I doubt I’ll pull the trigger until I see what they have to say about it too. But thanks to Jay’s great review I’m leaning heavily toward getting one.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1