Bid from ferdworthi

Cost of item:
$100.00

Shipping cost:
$20.00

Completion date:
Nov 10, 2009

Description:
What a creative idea! I can submit some desing drawings and example pictures if you give me dimension requirements. I do alot with manipulating and sculpting fabric and materials in the flowers that I make and this is right up my alley. I can do wonders with fabric sculpture and still make it look decently stylish.

Payment Terms:
Half down, remainder due upon receipt.

Shipping Terms:
USPS Priority

I also got this followup message:

Quote:
Sorry to start a convo so soon, but I love the idea of this purse. I want to make it a reality for you and add it to my repertoire. Just look at this picture I found online... It serves as a stylistic direction for me. Less color and cartoon like caricature but of a more stylish monochromatic, stone-like, sculptural, and earthy quality.
What an interesting way to deliver the medusa idea - realistically, but without the cheesiness that it could easily contain if done wrong. And since you are not supposed to actually look her in the eyes anyways... the stoniness makes her less human. The felted wool would lend the support needed to keep her structure where the one pictured would be susceptible to loosing the form. The snakes - not fully dimensional but perhaps 3/4 or half dimensional (so they meld into the purse and don't flail about) can slither and writhe up the straps. We could put some glinting tiny gems in their eyes too - and maybe hers for that matter (red or green, scary, don't look!).
Here also is a picture of a tiny needle felted wool roving face and body of a mermaid I've been working on. So you know I am capable of the sculptural aspect. Her left eye is not finished and her tail is not fully covered in sequins and beading yet, but you get the idea. As for the sewing, pattern construction, and design, I've been sewing and constructing patterns for 20 years and have a successful professional apprenticeship under my belt. I do this Etsy thing for the joy of it and this project seems just what I'm in it for.