Originally Posted By: 2packer

Will the avr788 be enough to power the new Axiom speakers?

Should do a fine as long as you’re not sitting to far back and don’t want things really loud. But you will have that same issue with any speaker brand, one advantage of most Axiom’s is that they are efficient and will play a little louder with the same power as many other brands.

Quote:

With that size of a room/viewing area will the vp100 be fine or would I need to goto the vp150?

I think how far back you plan to sit better determines which to use however, since this is mostly HT I would get the best center I could fit above/below the screen. I’m a big fan of using a phantom center but for 95% HT no way…get the best center you can afford/fit.

Quote:

For fronts what should I go with m22, m50, or m60?

I would get the M22s. Matched with your subwoofer they will sound awesome. Since money is a factor why pay for towers when your subwoofer can pick up the low end. Should you ever wish to upgrade to towers in the future you could then move the M22s to another room or to the back as 7.1 surround back speakers.

Quote:

for the rears what would be best for mainly home theater one of the bookshelves or the qs4 or qs8

QS speakers for sure. Which ones will depend on your other purchases and if you just want to spend more for them.

Here would be my options all from the factory outlet to save an additional 10%:

Least expensive:

5. 3 x M22 L/C/R, 2 x QS4 $970.90 shipped.

Or if an M22 center doesn’t fit then:

5a. 2 x M22 L/R, 1 x VP150 C, 2 x QS4 $1,177.00 shipped

You could upgrade the surrounds in either of those packages to QS8s and still be within your budget.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1