Originally Posted By: merchman

If you are doing 95% movies, I still think M22's a vp 150 and the qs4's or 8's are the way to go. Then save up for some M60's or M80's in a few years. You can find stands for the M22's pretty cheap or build a set yourself. Decisions, decisions, all part of the fun or perhaps agony.

I agree 95%. Why compromise by getting the entry level Axiom towers and top of the line center speaker when you can get their top of the line bookshelf, center and surround speakers all at one time. Also, buy getting 5 items (some non speaker stuff also applies) you get a 5% discount. Add that to the 10% you would get for buying factory outlet (I own 10 outlet Axioms w/o one blemish on any of them) and you’re getting a total of 15% off and will have a full top of the line Axiom 5.0 HT system that you can upgrade to towers later if you really feel the need. You can build or buy very inexpensive stands/shelves for the M22s.

Otherwise (the other 5%) I would go with wid’s suggestion:

Originally Posted By: wid

Get the M80s and use a phantom center plus use the old speakers as surrounds.

If you were 95% music and 5% HT I would flip these choices around. Now, 3-5 years is a long time w/o a center if you’re watching lots of movies/TV. Don’t get me wrong I love using a phantom center whenever I can even though my center is an M80. I prefer the better tonal balance between symmetrically placed L/R speakers than throwing even an identical center into the mix. However, there are just to many times when the center channel of a movie is mixed so low compared to the L/R channels that you just have to boost the center channel up to hear it properly and you can’t do this using a phantom center.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1