Yeah and that's what I'm talking about. Although I understand that the end result is practically inaudible, the fact that it is compressed is to me not quite the 'ultimate'. IMO the uncompressed audio track is the absolute standard (it can be played at a higher bit rate, no?), and anything else is a step backward... it might be a 1 millionth of an inch of a step backward, but a step backward all the same. So what I'm wondering is, why did they stop where they did with the BluRay? Because it seems they left room for improvement. Which means somewhere down the road, whether it's 2 years, or 10 years or 20 years, they will come out with a new format and tout, "now you can listen to your movie soundtracks UNCOMPRESSED, along with full bandwith video"!!!

I don't see why they didn't just go ahead and do that now? It seems to me they stopped short of giving us everything we could ever want, just so they can upgrade it later. I'm sure they didn't have to stop where they did. They could have given the new disk 15, 20, 30% more volume to squeeze in everything it would take to give us the very best video along with uncompressed audio.

I'm quite sure that would have been possible. I guess we'll just have to wait for the next generation to come out.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD