hi guys--

I am a very proud owner of two awesome M60v2 and a VT100 center channel. I am using a Denon 2808CI receiver, which allows for Audyssey MultEQ processing. I have been going back and forth with the Audyssey-- I have talked to a lot of people on other boards, posted to the Audyssey blogs, did my 8 measurements, etc, etc, and I think the Audyssey encoding is building a better soundstage, though I am noticing that the sound is a lot less bass-y, especially from the center channel.

I have an SVS 10" Sub and have my mains set to "small" with a crossover at 80Hz. This configuration seems to be pretty solid, it's allowed for the M60s to really "fill out" the mids and the highs. The Audyssey measurements set my crossover 60Hz for the VT100, but I am trying to figure out if I should set it to 80Hz.

I looked up the graph for the M60 and it seems like 80Hz is a good setting for it, but the VT100 has no such graph, and I have two entries for frequency response from the site:
Freq Resp +/-3dB (Hz):
95 - 22 kHz
Freq Resp +3dB- 9dB (Hz):
65 - 22 kHz

I don't really understand what there is a -3 and -9; I would assume it has something to do with recognizing that not everyone is listening at reference level.

But I see that the top number is 95-22kHz, so I wonder if I should have my crossover set to 90 or 100, or just keep it at 80, or keep it at 60. Frankly, I am just confused, I dunno what sounds better--I was just so used to hearing more bass that I don't know if I am just used to it thicker sound and that the sound "should" be less thick..

just not sure.

How about you guys? Do you use the Audyssey processing? Even if you don't, would you have a recommendation in terms of setting my crossover? My sub's frequency response is 20-100 Hz.

thanks for any advice you might have!
-mike

//
mike romo
2 M60v2s,VT100v2,2 M2v2s,SVS NSD-PB10, Denon2808CI, Sony BDP-S350, Samsung HP-S4253