Originally Posted By: mike romo

@sirquack - you mean that the 60Hz is just fine?

Yes, Randy is saying is that if Audyssey is setting your crossover at 60Hz then that’s the performance it’s hearing and believes is the correct setting for your speaker. However, Audyssey like any EQ system can only do so much. It’s usually best to give it as much help as you can by good speaker positioning so it’ doesn’t have to do as much work.

Originally Posted By: mike romo

@dean, It is kind of a relief to find that I am not alone in my experience. I was shocked at how tinny things sounded, but then when I measured an 8-point "bubble" around my listening area (using a pattern I found on AVS forum - http://tinyurl.com/b6cfl3 ) it started to sound a lot better.

Even if you can’t leave it out permanently try pulling the center out in front of the cabinet, keeping raised off the floor, and re-run Audyssey. It might help get rid of more of the tinny sound since it won’t have to EQ out as much of the lower frequencies being reinforced by the cabinet.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1