It doesn’t hurt to experiment around that’s really the best way to get the most out of your system if you have the time and inclination. If Audyssey is leaving your center sounding thin I don’t think changing your crossover is going to help much.

I’ve had the same experience since purchasing my Denon 2807 about 3 years ago. The soundstage generally sounds better but it leaves my speakers especially the center sounding thin the center is even tinny. My experience is not limited to one center speaker it’s the same using my VP150, M22 or M80 center. Sadly I finally gave up on Audyssey as I didn’t feel the improved soundstage was worth the change in tone.

Here are a few things that might help if you haven’t already tried them. If your VP100 is near your screen or a wall try moving it out into the room a little and see if that helps. Make sure to aim the speaker so that the drivers are pointed at ear level for your seating.

Sorry if I’m not much help but I’m one of those few people who just doesn’t think Audyssey’s improved soundstage is worth the loss of sound quality I hear.

Cheers,
Dean

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1