In reply to:

SF, you're probably referring to Bren's warning about coiled speaker wire forming an inductor, and you're happy that now you have one more thing to worry about. Unshielded wire in a coil(I assume that you're speaking of part of the wire that's connected to the speakers)does in fact form an inductor and the resulting inductive reactance in the wire opposes the signal flow in direct proportion to frequency, i.e. higher frequencies are reduced proportionally more.

Well, the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC Radio and Television) believes that coiled cable is enough of a problem that they have put into print that the practice is to be avoided - again, we're talking about a few feet of speaker wire in this case, but we're also discussing best practice - the original poster was concerned about lopsidedly loading an amp circuit and whether it would be better to just keep consistant wire lengths, my response was simply that I would personally rather use the shortest possibly cable (after all, he could have a wireless 802.11 transitter hack close at hand, and a HAM radio, and maybe a circa 1979 microwave).

Inductive coils are reality (as can be attested to by any mechanic that uses a scope - they're clipped over plug wire #1 and used to pick up engine timing - most now are some sort of fragile ferric material... or by anyone who has wound a coil around a locked off apartment cable box to steal cable signals - do NOT do this, especially if you live near an airport... the CRTC or FCC get really peeved when every time the radar sweep goes by, everyone in the building but you has their reception drop out!)

Again, will anyone notice the extra noise created in a coil of 5 ft of 12ga. stranded cable? Probably not... but why pay for 5 feet of cable that can only possibly degrade an audio signal?

Bren...