"Kevin, what you were told frankly makes no sense. To the extent that greater "strain" would occur because of a lengthened wire(which is negligible at differences used in the home, as the table shows), it would occur if the shorter(e.g. 10 foot)wire was arbitrarily lengthened(e.g. to 40 feet)to satisfy some meaningless equal-length belief."

Sorry, John, but I'm not making sense of what you're saying here, either. Please explain it further. Are you saying that to match the shorter wire (10' in your example) to the longer one (40') you'd somehow stretch the shorter one out another 30'? Or are you saying that you'd attach another 30' of wire onto the 10' wire so that the left and right wires would now each match 40'? If either one of those descriptions is correct in what you're saying, then you've misread my original point.

As far as the belief being meaningless, I'm sharing what the audiophile who got me started in this hobby shared with me so many years ago, which is that it's good practice to have your left and right speaker cables of equal lenght (or as close as possibly, anyway). By all means, go ahead and run your speakers with two cables of vastly different lenghts. I personally choose not to do it which is why I suggested not doing it here in regards to the original post.