So we were watching a movie tonight and it locked up a little over an hour into it. I thought it was a bad disc, so did the normal take it out, clean it, etc. It kept happening. Got a H07 and later an H02 error. I finished the movie on the laptop then looked up the error (Panasonic RP62 DVD player). It appears to be related to the motor going bad. A potential fix is in the link.

Before I try that though, I don't know that is is really worth it, since it will likely just delay the inevitable. So, maybe it's time for Blu Ray.

I was thinking about the new PS3 slim, but would not get the new audio if I go this route. My Onkyo SR600 can't support this. It doesn't even have HDMI.

So, I either need a player that can handle the new audio or just forgo the new audio for now until I eventually upgrade the receiver. Any suggestions on players? I'm assuming they all upconvert DVD's as well. I haven't really kept up with what's out there. Capability of playing SACD is also a nice to have, but not a requirement.

Streaming is a nice to have as well, as it might get me to switch to Netflix from Blockbuster. While I'm at it, wireless is nice to have for network since I don't have Ethernet near the player.

Last edited by Zarak; 09/20/09 02:10 AM. Reason: streaming and wireless