Originally Posted By: audiosavant
As someone who has to deal with many types of contracts, my advice is: It never hurts to have an attorney look over a contract if you are having any problems understanding the legalese contain therein.

I think that is very good advice! I did a bunch of contract stuff for one of the tech companies I worked for: enough to get a sense for what contracts can be like. If you are not sure about something, review it with a lawyer, but know what your concerns/questions are ahead of time so you don't run up the bill.
 Originally Posted By: audiosavant

But seriously, party with an attorney and they will eventually loosen up and tell you things that will make your hair curl (or uncurl) and make you never, ever trust anyone in that profession.

I mostly deal with entertainment attorneys though, and they are a whole other species entirely...

The only things I regret in my divorce are the bits of advice from my lawyer that I chose to ignore. As with any other profession, you will have the good, the not so good, and the just plain bad. Given the entertainment business, I suspect those lawyers are indeed a different critter.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!