Originally Posted By: 2x6spds
I don't know that a frequency response curve is a sufficient description of a speaker's sound quality. The M22s have a remarkably flat fr plot and I like the sound, no love. The M3s plot is not as flat, but I like them better. Thiel plots are better and I love the sound. Maybe the fr plot reveals flaws in the speaker's performance but does not guaranty a great sound.

From your original post and the graphs you posted I assumed that was your argument regarding how those speakers were better than Axioms. Why did you post response curves in your initial argument? Colour me confused .

Regarding more expensive crossover parts, unless you are changing values/redesigning the crossover this will impact loudspeaker performance. Swapping out the crossover for more expensive parts would be personally the last thing I would do to improve a commercial loudspeaker.You would be raising costs with no improvement in sound quality. It will improve the internal looks (which you don't see). I would look towards the cabinet first (resonance) in commercial loudspeakers which have an audible/measurable impact on sound quality.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne