Okay, after having my system for about a month and a half. I finally got the opportunity to set it up. Don't ask, but I was waiting for the sub to be finished, then dismantle the entertainment center, and old stereo receiver....etc
Anyway I have the VP150, M22, QS8 and a Stryke sub. All run thru a Yamaha RX V 2400. Yes I will admit I am STILL learning the ins and outs of all this equipment. Thought it was an easier task, but I have to learn. My first inane question is ...What exactly am I supposed to be hearing thru the speakers. I understand the center processes all the vocals. But what about the fronts, and surrounds. Should there be a distinct powerful sound coming out? Should the surrounds be "LOUD", should the fronts be "LOUD"? The center is the loudest speaker right now, is this correct. The self calibration program found w/in the Yamaha does not work with my setup. It suppresses the sub, I had to manually setup. But since I have no freakin idea as to what I am doing......I needed some advice. Is there a technician who would come to yopur home to calibrate your system, and setup the receiver? I live in a suburb in NYC, under what heading would I find such a technician?
Does everyone hear use their HT sytem for total viewing? or mostly movies? Do you watch reg TV programs using it, as well as sporting events? Trust me, these are stupid questions to most of you, but informative to me. this Yamaha has SOOOO many variables to use, I need a lesson in using it to it's fullest potential. The manual, like most, leaves a little to be desired as far as explanations.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!!